Friday, August 10, 2012

Blueberry-Peach Smoothie

I'm on this smoothie kick right now so while I was at Carolina Farmin' last night I picked up some peaches and later found this Blueberry-Peach Smoothie Recipe. Fruit smooties are an excellent way to get fiber and calcium into your diet, as well as some disease-fighting antioxidants. I made the recipe this morning and and it tastes great!


Ingredients:
  • 3 ripe peaches or nectarines, pitted and chopped
  • 1 cup blueberries
  • 1 bananna, preferrably frozen
  • 1 cup low fat or non-fat vanilla yogurt
Preparation:

Place ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Thin with some calcium-fortified orange juice if desired.

Makes 4 servings.

Per serving: Calories 170, Calories from Fat 11, Total Fat 1.2 g (sat 0.6g), Cholesterol 3 mg, Sodium 42 mg, Carbohydrate 35.4g, Fiber 4.1g, Protein 4.3g

Note: My blender didn't like the frozen banana so I sifted it out and used one at room temperature and my smoothie was delicious.

I recommend eating a little additional protein such as a piece of toast spead with some natural peanut butter as this smoothie contains very little protein.

No comments:

Post a Comment